Sunday 20 September 2015

Volunteering

Dear parents,

Many of you let me know in your letter to me that you would enjoy volunteering in the classroom. If this is true for you, please feel free to get in touch with me at any point (even now). There are always behind the scenes things that need to get done in order for our days to run smoothly (e.g., cutting art paper, refilling glue bottles, sharpening pencils and repairing books), but I can also put you to work any morning working with a small group on reading, letter recognition games or teaching them one of our many board games that they could then play independently during free time. If you can speak French with us, that's a huge bonus, but we will be happy to welcome you either way. The only days that won't work right now are Wednesdays, since we have Mlle Martinson, and I want to make sure she has mine and the students' full attention.

I look forward to hearing from you and setting up some visits!