Sunday 20 September 2015

Talk to you... soon?

Dear families,
It looks like as of tomorrow, I will have to take a break from communicating with you via this blog. I'm sure you're aware of why this is. This is not going to be easy for me. I very much enjoy sitting down at the end of a busy day to share what we've done. I think it helps me as much as you, and I know that the kids are more successful when you and I are working together. I know it can be difficult to get a 5 or 6 year old to tell you all about their day without some prompts, and I apologize that I may not be able to provide this for a while. Please DO keep asking your students about what they are doing at school, and if Mlle Mitchell has asked them to tell you anything. I will try to send my messages and requests home through them and hope that they get to you. Please feel free to email me at any time if you'd like some clarification, information or want to meet in person.

In the meantime, I've thought of a few things that I would have shared with you in the next couple months (hopefully this hiatus doesn't last that long) so I'm leaving it all here right now while I still can. It's not all relevant right now, but if I'm still not able to communicate with you when it becomes relevant, at least it's here. As for words of the week, obviously if I cannot post them on the blog, it is even more important that we remember our cahiers on Tuesdays so that we can stay on top of the words. I will also begin copying my little blurbs about pronunciation, and bonus words, and having the kids glue them in their cahier as well. This is the information that I would have posted on the blog for your benefit.

Tomorrow will also mark the end of our first 10-day cycle. Tuesday we begin again with day 1, and we will have library on day 2, so please remind your readers to have their books ready to return. I will send home a copy of our 10-day schedule right after any changes are made, hopefully later this week. Look out for that in the pochette. This should help you and your student pack, and dress appropriately for school.

Thank you ever so much for your understanding and support. Hope to be back on here very soon!
Tamara