Friday 30 January 2015

Magical Moment

I just HAVE to write a little note to tell you want happened during art today. Everyone was working away at their collages, and I put on some music, as I often do. The first song on the CD is the full version of the song we are learning for the spring concert. When the singer started, I think every child in our class joined in and started singing as they worked. I couldn't believe what was happening. Teachers often watch little demonstrational videos where there are about 8 kids in the class, and everything goes just perfectly, as if it was scripted. Well, I felt like I was in one of those movies. Donnely stopped in as we were working, and I played the song again, and it happened again! When I finally came to my senses, I tried to recreate the moment in order to video it for you, but by then I had children coming up to me, so it didn't turn out so well (even though they still sang). Anyway, I hope you can imagine this magical class I had today. It made my day!

PS - For our science workshop Tuesday afternoon, we have been asked to bring in lots of newspapers. Each child will need a complete newspaper. If you have a bunch sitting in your recycle bin, that could help others that don't receive a daily paper. Please send them in Monday or Tuesday!