Monday 20 October 2014

Citrouilleville

Happy Monday!

We recently read a story called "Citrouilleville". Ask your student what happens in this story. We are working on extended endings for it, and we have lots of different ideas. How will your writer end the story? Ask about how we are creating the illustrations for our little books.

I am also VERY excited to announce that our workshops with our visiting artist are beginning this week! Each class will be treated to a series of workshops through the Artists in the School program. We are working with Donnely Smallwood. She is fantastic as an artist and as a teacher and she has some great projects planned for us. Our workshops will be every Friday morning for the next 6 weeks. Please try not to schedule appointments at that time and, as always, be right on time for school. We will be taking a break from our regular art periods for the duration of these workshops since they will equal the same amount of time that we would normally devote to art over the entire week.

A few other notes:
- Don't forget that we need the dictée cahiers tomorrow (Tuesday), as always.
- Please check that you have my correct email address. There are 2 Tamara Mitchells in the TDSB and I am number 2! I fear some pictures have gone to the other Tamara... some kids think you have sent me pictures that I have not received. Please check and resend if necessary! tamara.mitchell2@tdsb.on.ca
- I know everyone is excited for Halloween next Friday, and I'll explain early next week what our plan will be for the day. For now, please do not purchase treats to share with the class, I think a treat from me will be enough.