Monday 24 June 2013

Thank YOU!

Dear parents of Aire 24,

As the year comes to a close, I would like to take a moment to say thank you.

I have LOVED teaching grade 1. It has been incredibly rewarding to see the kids developing and applying what they have learned, even from day to day, and knowing that I had something to do with it. YOU had something to do with it too. Without all the reviewing, reading, word-studying and chatting about school that you do every day, my efforts would not have been as successful. Thank you for all you have done to support me and your student this year, it has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you to everyone that has volunteered in the classroom (to help me as well as the kiddies), supervised on outings and contributed to Dewson in other ways. Thank you to everyone that reads my blog and uses it to help connect with their child about what is going on at school.

I am very excited to be teaching grade 1 again next year. I learned a TON from your children. Thanks to them, I will be an even BETTER grade 1 teacher next year, and definitely a better upper-grade teacher in the future. I am already thinking ahead to September and thinking of what I can do next time.  

Your kids will soon be off in grade 2 land doing amazing things. At the moment, I can’t imagine sending them off to a new teacher - I feel that they are mine, and I want it to stay that way! I will miss their smiling faces, their excitement, their curiosity and their enthusiasm. Please keep in touch and let me know how they’re doing. I’ll definitely be asking their teachers about them in the fall!

Thank you again for your wonderful support this year - it makes my job a million times easier and more enjoyable when I know you’re behind me, and I never questioned that you all were for a second. The grade 2 teachers are lucky to be getting such a great group of families!

If I don’t talk to you in person, have an amazing summer, and I’ll see you in September!

Tamara