Thursday 27 June 2013

LAST POST!



Dear families,

Thank you so much for the extremely generous gifts, it's too much. It has been my pleasure teaching your children this year, they are all wonderful and special and I will miss them much more than they will miss me - trust me! Please scroll down if you have not already read my thank you message to YOU, you have made such a difference this year.

Today I have a little gift for the children as well. I'm giving each student a new communication pocket. I thought after the disaster of the paper folders, a fabric (and hopefully waterproof) zipper pocket would be an appropriate gift that they can make good use of next year. In it you will find a new workbook (I was thinking summer journal?) and some extra math and French activities that you might like to do over the summer or take with you on long car trips! I've included some colour-by-numbers (of course involving adding and subtracting), word searches, mazes and money problems. I hope the kids are interested and enjoy showing you what they can do.
I have also included a CD of pictures and movies from this year. I couldn't fit everything on, so I tried to make an album for each child that contains only pictures and movies that feature them! I know many of my pictures from this year have been fuzzy, but the movies are great, and there are some pictures there that didn't make it onto the blog. Hope this provides you with a fond memory of grade 1!
One thing I did not include is reading material. Please visit your public library often and look for French books. Summer is looong and we quickly forget our French! Please keep reading a part of your daily routine!!!

I also wanted to mention that the sound place mat we brought home a couple days ago is a great tool that students can continue to use next year. The grade 2 teachers know we made them and would love for them to bring it to school in September. I laminated them, so feel free to use them as real place mats this summer (you can practise words at dinner!) and then send them to school in September. The name tags can also be re-used next year, so leave them in the backpack so that they're ready to go.

Again, thank you for a wonderful year. I look forward to seeing you all around the school in September.

Have a fantastic summer!

Sincerely,
Tamara