Tuesday 24 September 2019

Curriculum Night

Dear parents,
Just a reminder that Thursday evening is curriculum night at Dewson. I will be giving two identical presentations, at 6:10 and 6:40, and your student will be prepared to give you a guided tour of the classroom and answer lots of questions about our routines and current projects.

While much of what I plan to talk about was included in my first day letter, I do find that it is sometimes helpful to hear about initiatives in person. In particular, I will be talking about how I will be assigning learning skills marks on our report cards, as I don't want any surprises at reporting periods. Curriculum night also offers an opportunity to meet our other teachers, particularly our social studies teacher, Ms. Peek, as she sees our students for 4 periods each week and is likely the only other teacher to be assigning homework. If you can't make it and/or would like to meet with me before November, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Hope to see you Thursday evening!