Thursday 5 September 2019

Agenda Issues...

Dear students and parents,
Thankfully things are going well in class because we're experiencing some disappointments in other areas. First our field trip cost, and now agendas.
At our staff meeting this evening, it was made clear that there has been an issue with the TDSB's agenda provider and there is a 2 month delay in getting agendas for this year. It doesn't make any sense to wait that long, so our school has opted out and each teacher has to find an alternative solution.
I feel it's very important that I teach my students how to manage their assignments and important dates using a planner. I know that I am a more organized person for having used one, and I still rely on my calendar for absolutely everything.

I will explain to our students that, since we are not receiving school agendas, they have the choice of whether to provide their own, or ask me to get them one. You can get decent agendas from most dollar stores or school supply stores, maybe for less than the $5 you would have spent for a school agenda. Please look for an agenda that has a large enough space for each weekday to write down our homework and other reminders. A monthly calendar won't work as there isn't enough space in each day's square, but on the other hand, a blank notebook won't allow us to put notes on future dates. I will pick up agendas for students who choose not to select their own, using our classroom budget. I will, of course, return the $5 to those who already paid for a school agenda. It would be great if we could have our agendas at school for Monday so that we can write in the upcoming important dates.

Thanks for your understanding with all these last minute changes.
Tamara