Wednesday 4 September 2019

CHANGE of information

Dear Salle 317 parents,
We are off to a great start, and I'm loving everything I see happening already on Google Classroom. I will be sending you your invites soon, using the emails you're giving me on your pink letters (which I also love reading).

Unfortunately there has been a change to the cost of our upcoming field trip. I hate to do this after sending the information home (I thought I was so organized getting it out there on the first day). This afternoon I received an email from TUSC, informing us that due to provincial budget cuts, the fee structure for TUSC trips has changed. Without the subsidy, we now have to pay the full amount of $11/student. This still isn't bad, considering it's a full day trip, and we are lucky that we got in at all. Many classes who applied still haven't heard back. Fortunately, our OA, Kathryn, hadn't posted the trip on Cash Online yet, so she has updated the cost and it should be available to you online now or shortly. For the couple families that sent in cash today, I will send back your cash tomorrow so that you can complete it and send it back.
Again, deepest apologies for having to up the price after communicating the previous information. Should the cost of school trips ever pose a hardship for your family, please email me directly.

See you soon, Tamara