Wednesday 7 February 2018

Interview Planning

Hi parents,

A few important reminders:

1. I am very much looking forward to our Scientist in School workshop tomorrow. I have always been impressed with these workshops and I always learn a lot. I know the kids will have a lot of fun.
Please ensure that your scientist is on time for school tomorrow. Our workshop begins promptly at 9 am and I would hate for anyone to miss the beginning.

2. Tomorrow is the due date for any February Scholastic orders.

3. Please return any interview request forms to me by Friday. I sent a yellow note home Monday. If you received a separate form from the office, you can disregard that form, or use it instead. It doesn't matter, I just need to have them back ASAP so that I can make a schedule and get the confirmations out in time. I indicated on my note if I thought a meeting would be beneficial, but everyone is welcome to request a time.

Dominique took some amazing shots of the kids having a great time in music class with Mr. Greene this week! Looks like so much fun!

She also witnessed some skillful building with shapes.

Thanks for sending the kids dressed for the weather. Snow is SO fun, when we're prepared for it. We've been practicing turn-taking when giving each other toboggan rides - this group even made a super-long toboggan train!

Some archaeologists found a very interesting footprint preserved in ice. The bottom of this boot had some great shapes in it. Who does it belong to? The explorers considered the size of the print - whether it could be a kid or an adult, and went on a search for the owner. I don't think we've been successful yet...

Finally, I think you can tentatively mark in your calendars that our kindergarten concert will be March 8th in the evening. This is not 100% confirmed, but very nearly. Our class, and the other kinders, will be presenting a couple little numbers that we are already working on and which I'm excited to share with you. Please plan to be there (we need the kids!!) and invite your family!