Wednesday 29 June 2016

the LAST one

Dear Salle 211 families,

THANK YOU for the beautiful cards, messages and generous gifts. You are too kind.

Today our students received the gift of a French book from me, that I hope they enjoy. They also brought home their beautiful portfolios which I hope you enjoy looking at for many years to come. The children, together with me and our wonderful student teachers, worked on collecting and reflecting on our work throughout the year and our most important pieces are collected in these portfolios. While I was finishing them this week, I looked back to the beginning of the year - what a difference!! I truly hope this is a special piece that you will be able to look through now with your child and look back on in the future.

Students also have a pink letter for you with some tips for summer practicing (and some homework - yes!! - that they should bring to their first day of grade 2). It is so important that we keep doing a little bit of reading or word study review every day this summer. Trust me - it will make a huge difference!
I also assembled a little travel package of fun worksheets that your child can bring with them on your next long car trip or airplane ride. You'll just need a few crayons and a pencil. Hope they enjoy!

Again, thank you for all your amazing support this year. I'll see you all in September.

Have an amazing summer!

À bientôt,
Mlle Mitchell

PS - If you receive email updates from this blog, you will want to follow the instructions in the emails to remove yourself from the list so that you don't hear from me again in a couple months! Please feel free to continue accessing the links on this blog for as long as you wish.