Sunday 26 June 2016

Thanks for a great year!

Dear parents,

I can't believe the end of the year is already upon us. It really snuck up on me this year.

I'd like to take a moment to give my heartfelt thanks to YOU, the parents. Thank you for practising the words of the week beginning from the second day of school. Thank you for reading in French at home. Thank you for following this blog and talking to your children about school - what a difference it makes! Thank you for communicating with me and being open to hearing from me as well. Not only does it make my life so much easier and my job so much more enjoyable, but it contributes to the success of our students in observable ways.

I have enjoyed every class I have had, but I feel especially proud of the progress this group has made over the year. I think we have to thank our Principal for bringing in the 3 to 3 program this year (that's where the rhymes and oral stories came from). All of this additional oral French material has added greatly to our French vocabulary and confidence with spoken French. But I also know for sure that our students relied on you to be their at-home teacher. I also know that you instill a love of learning in your children. I want you to know that I don't take that for granted.

Thank you for a great year and I look forward to seeing you all again in our same hallway next September!

You will be hearing from me lots more this week, but I'll already wish you a wonderful summer!
Tamara