Saturday 19 December 2015

Happy Holidays!

Dear Salle 211 families,

Thank you so much for the beautiful cards and generous gifts, it was very thoughtful of you.

During our second, and last, workshop with Jessica Runge yesterday, we performed our 4 Nutcracker-themed dances complete with a narrated story. I have videos that I would like to post together with the story, but unfortunately I couldn't get the videos uploaded before I had to leave yesterday, and I can't do it from home, so you'll have to look forward to that in early January. I hope the kids enjoyed the workshops. If they are interested in dance, Jessica does after school classes and sent each dancer home with some information.

I have also sent home some of our recent artwork, our nutcracker booklet (which we didn't have much time to complete, but could be a fun activity over the holidays) and some French books. I was pleased that almost everyone had a number in mind for how many books they should take home. Happily, but unfortunately, everyone needed so many books that we ran out quite quickly. I let students take home a classroom book in lieu of yellow-level books if they didn't get enough. Please ensure that all books are kept in a safe place and are returned to school on January 4th!! We really need all those yellow books to come back right away so that we can all keep exchanging. Right now, the drawer is empty! Classroom books cost around $10 each so it is sad when they get lost. I am very happy to loan them out, but please make sure they come back! Thanks!!

I wish you and your families a very happy and relaxing holiday. See you in the new year!
Tamara