Friday 27 November 2015

Upcoming Concert

Hi parents,

I have just learned that there will be a grade 1 & 2 concert on Thursday December 10th beginning at 6:30 in the gym. Our students will be performing in grade 1 choir under the direction of Mr. Matheson. I expect that students will be asked to arrive at school by 6:00. I'll share more details as I get them. Can't wait to hear what they have prepared!

Tonight you are receiving the rubric for our November dictée, which we did earlier this week. I'm definitely seeing improvement as the weeks go by. Bon travail tout le monde!

Yesterday morning, we were very lucky that Mme Ally came back to do a clay project with us. Every student got to make an animal sculpture. They are being fired in a real kiln and will be back in a few weeks for the next step.

Finally, I can't believe there are only 3 weeks left until the winter break. Time flies! I know that many students like to get their teacher a present for Christmas, so before you do any shopping, I would just like to say that, firstly, it is completely unnecessary - please don't feel that you need to get me a gift.
Secondly, if you do wish to get me something, please consider getting something for our classroom rather than just for me. I often spend my own money on art supplies, dollar store prizes, paper towels and French books. These are items that our whole class can benefit from, and you'll still be doing me a favour. Thanks a lot!

Have a great weekend,
Tamara