Friday 19 June 2015

Success!!

Hi families,

Thanks so much for joining us today for our open-house and concert. I am very pleased with how everything turned out. The kids were great and it was so nice that everyone had a guest at one show or the other! I hope you enjoyed it and are very proud of your 6 and 7 year olds!

** If anyone has pictures or videos they can send me, I would LOVE to see them - I have nothing!**
tamara.mitchell2@tdsb.on.ca

As you know, next week is the last week of grade 1. Lots of work will be coming home and a lot will be happening at school. We have some kind of assembly Monday, our park day Tuesday, one last theme day to squeeze in, maybe a movie, hopefully a visit with Sadie and some form of celebration on the last day.

In addition, the kids and I are going to be cleaning out and packing up our entire classroom. The bad news is that it is a LOT of work moving classrooms, but the good news is that I'll be moving to area 31 so I'll be right next door to all the kids in their grade 2 classrooms next year! The other happy news is that kids LOVE cleaning and packing, so hopefully many hands will make light work.

Please help me pack efficiently by sending back ALL school books and white borrow-a-books MONDAY, or as soon as you can. Please have a good look around! We will not do anymore borrowing in the last week of school. Thanks for being on board with this program all year long.
I will put together reading packages for those who requested one and I'll send it home before the end of the week. Please return these materials to me at the start of school in September (in area 31).

Oh, one more thing. Dewson is hosting a Volunteer Tea next Wednesday, June 24th between 11:45-12:30. I have been so lucky to have had so many of you volunteer to help with outings and in-class. I've never had to send out so many rejections! If you helped out around school and I somehow missed sending you an invitation, please consider yourself invited. See you Wednesday at lunch in the library!

Thanks again for making me feel so good about today!
See you next week,
Tamara