Monday 9 December 2013

Holiday Celebrations

Dear families,

The winter break is coming up very soon! I'm sure everyone is just as excited as I am (it's my favourite holiday)!!

A note came home today with information about this Thursday's Winter Concert. The important details are:
- All students should arrive in Area 24 by 6:10 pm to rehearse our song.
- All students should plan to wear dark bottoms and a white top. If possible, please bring a winter/festive sweater or scarf to wear for our class performance.
- The show begins at 7:00 pm. Please try to stay in the gym until the end of the concert, out of respect for the other performers. Mr. Greene has worked hard to keep the program to a reasonable length.
- Performers will return to A. 24 after their performance and await pick-up (free babysitting!)

On Thursday December 19th, we will have a little class party in the afternoon to celebrate the holidays and the end of school in 2013. Please remember our no-food policy!

Recently there was a note and post on the Dewson blog regarding an alternative gift idea for teachers. Please don't feel obliged to give me a gift at all. If you are planning to, check out the Dewson blog for a way to contribute to a good cause. Another idea is materials that our whole class can use. I quite often spend my own money on paper towels, hand soap, Kleenex, craft supplies and erasers. I enjoy receiving these things as gifts so that I don't have to carry them to school myself!

See you at the concert! Wish us luck!