Thursday 20 December 2012

Happy Holidays!

Dear parents,

I forgot to remind the kids that tomorrow is Pyjama Day! I hope I'm not the only one!!! Also, as I mentioned before, you are welcome to send juice, or a nut-free, store bought treat for our celebration, but this is completely optional.

Today, students are bringing home their beautiful stained-glass Ménorahs that we made a few weeks ago as well as some decorative bells that we made today. A few more things are coming home tomorrow. Hope you like! Tomorrow morning we will also participate in Dewson's carol sing-a-long first thing, so please try to arrive on time to school!

You'll remember that recently we sent letters to Santa. Well... he wrote back! Today we received a long letter, in French, in which Santa described a typical day at the North Pole (see below). I also wanted to show you an example of our last journal entry. Each student completed a sentence and picture explaining which holidays his/her family celebrates.

One BIG surprise today...
 Area 24 is now proud to have this piano in our class! I am looking forward to finding ways to use it with the students, and have students use it, without causing too much of a disturbance on the floor. I'm sure you'll hear more about this once we start using it!

If I don't talk to you again, have a very restful and joyful holiday and start to the new year!

See you January 7th!

Best wishes,
Tamara