Thursday 28 May 2015

Jump Rope for Heart

Dear parents,

As you know, I am organizing Dewson's Jump Rope for Heart event this year, but I can't do it alone! In addition to teachers supporting their classes, I will need several parents who can help run skipping centres. Please don't feel pressured - I am happy to open this up to other parents in the school, however, you have all been so enthusiastic when it comes to volunteering, I thought I would begin by asking you.

We would need you Friday June 12th from 9:00am - 3:00pm (rain date is Monday the 15th). This is the day after Dewson Festival, so please consider that before committing to what will probably be another rather exhausting day! You will be outside and active for most of that time, so like the kids, you'll want to come prepared with sunscreen, a hat and a water bottle. In exchange for your time and energy, I think I can make sure that there are some light refreshments for you during lunch.
If you are only available for a half day, you can still volunteer. The more the merrier!

If the 12th is no good for you, but you would like to help, I could also use a couple parents the morning of June 4th. This is when the pledge envelopes are due, and we'll need to add up the money raised quickly before the Heart & Stroke representative arrives to collect everything.

Please let me know if you are able/willing to help in any way. Thanks in advance!
Tamara