Tuesday 24 June 2014

Thank YOU

Dear Area 24 parents & families,

As we near the end of the year, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your support.
I'm very proud of my students. It has been incredibly rewarding to watch them go from not knowing the sound that the letter A makes in French, to being able to read real books. It's crazy to think that at the beginning of the year, it seemed like such a stretch to ask them to sound out a word like "ami", but now, they write stories, make up poems and write reports with confidence. This is why I love grade 1!
These are your kids' achievements, and they deserve every bit of credit. I look forward to watching them grow up year by year and continuing to succeed in everything they do - I know they will!

I must also pass on my deep appreciation to YOU, their parents and caregivers, for being so involved in our activities this year. Many of you made yourselves available to help at school, and we deeply appreciate that, but ALL of you were a constant source of support to your child at home. Every time that you talk with your student about the activities we do at school, review their words of the week, read the borrow-a-books or practice a math skill, you are making a real difference in their success, and I notice this at school. In supporting them, you are also supporting me, and I want you to know that I do not take this for granted. Thank you for being kind, patient and easygoing. Having a great group of supportive parents makes my job feel much more manageable!

I'm sad to see these kids go, but I know that they are well-prepared for grade 2, and I'm so excited for them to meet their new teachers. You will find this special person's name on their report card, but as per the Principal's message, please keep in mind that there may need to be some reorganizing in September. Don't start writing your new area number on everything just yet!

As per usual, students have been asked to leave their report envelope shut until they are with you. Please help your child to remember not to share their report card marks with anyone. It never makes either person feel good to compare. We know that everyone has tried really hard this year, and I hope you take the time to celebrate!

Once again, thank you for the support you have shown me this year. The grade 2 teachers are a lucky bunch!

Have a lovely rest of the week,
Tamara