Thursday 30 June 2022

Bonnes Vacances!

Dear parents, students and families,

Well, it's been a great year. I've really loved working with this group of enthusiastic and compassionate students. I can't wait to follow along as they move up through the grades at Dewson. I will miss them this summer, but I'm sure you have tons of fun stuff planned!


Thank you to all our parents for supporting your child, me and our school this year. You have helped with reading and talking about school at home, with activities at school and with organizing special events,  such as the visiting artist program and the dance-a-thon. You make such a huge difference to our learning and our engagement with school and I don't take that for granted.

Thanks also to you and the kids for caring so much about baby Wales. It means so much to me when the kids ask about him, listen to my stories and make me whale drawings! I wish he could have met everyone yesterday at the Festival, but alas, he has been home all week with a non-Covid, but brutal, illness. Terrible timing for sure, as I had to miss the festival as well :(

Thanks again for making our concert such a success. The kids were so excited to see you there! I am so proud of them, and wish they'd all had more to say! If you weren't able to be at the concert on Monday, I've posted videos taken earlier, of almost the entire thing. Check them out on Google Classroom.


Tuesday we had great weather for our park day and we made it back just in time to clap the graduating classes out of the school.

On our last day together (although we have already said goodbye to several), we wrote letters to our future teachers, which I will pass on in September. The kids voted on how they wanted to celebrate, and we ended up doing some colouring and a mini dance-party. We also cleaned out our desks, exchanged our remaining jetons for a prize, celebrated our summer birthdays and finished up with a graduation ceremony, where everyone got a certificate. I've also sent everyone home with a little package of French worksheets that they can take with them on a summer trip. I believe RAZ-kids should still be accessible to you through July and August, so please take advantage and keep practicing your French reading!

I wish you a fantastic, safe, and fun-filled summer! See you in September!

Mme Mitchell