Tuesday 21 September 2021

Please Join Google Classroom!

Dear parents,

In the case that we need to go to online school in a hurry, I want to make sure that we are all set up on Google Classroom. I have sent invitations to each student at their TDSB email address. I think you probably have this set up from last year. For most students, their email is firstname.lastname@student.tdsb.on.ca, though some of us have the extra '2' after our last name. Please email me if you have forgotten your password or email address.

Once you are in your student's email, you can click on my email and accept the invitation to Google Classroom. Once your student is in, you can add yourselves, or I will start adding parents using the emails you provided on your letters to me.

Should we ever need to use Google Meet for school, the link is already there at the top of the Classroom screen, and I will add information and work as needed. For now, let's just make sure everyone is able to access it and I'll keep putting my energy into our physical classroom.

Thanks for supporting our Words of the Week routine. Almost everyone had their cahier here today to glue in the next set of words. We have more a words this week, but a bit more complicated. Students loved making their own flashcards for these words today, and brought them home with tons of ideas for how to use them. Charades, guessing games, memory, saying the word by looking at the picture. Using pictures to recall high frequency words is a good strategy for beginning readers!

arbre, balle, classe, papa, table

Bonus words: maman, animal

Thanks also to everyone who has returned their green letter to me and their form allowing me to post pictures here. If you haven't received this yet, please have another look in your student's pochette tonight. I reminded them to give it to you as well! I've really enjoyed reading your letters and it does really help me to get to know and support our students. Merci!

Here are a couple students playing a game today to compare numbers - who rolls the number that is "plus grand"? We had a ton of fun with these giant dice!

And here are just a few students presenting their number booklets to the class. Almost everyone who had completed it this day, came up to the front and read their book to the class. They keep asking when they can bring this home to show you, I just like to admire our work for a while! Soon!