Tuesday 24 March 2020

C'est un...

GARÇON!!

Meet Donald Wales Mitchell (call me Wales!). 
Thursday March 19th, 10:02 pm
6 lbs 7 oz
18.5 inches /47 cms 

Turns out Wales was born over March break, not because the doctor said he should be, but because he wanted to be! He is named after his great-grandfathers (my grandpas), Don and (William) Dale, who are so special to me.

Wales is having an odd beginning to his life, with no visitors aside from my parents, who are over the moon to have a grandchild. He is a pretty content baby, really only complains when he's cold (he HATES taking his clothes off) or hungry. He has been keeping those eyes pretty tightly locked, but I've been treated to a few curious gazes, which feel SO special!

With his grandma and grandpa Mitchell... note the sad abandoned dog in the background!


I cannot wait to be able to introduce Wales to more people, like my students at Dewson who he's been listening to the past 7 months!

I hope your families are making the best of this period of isolation. Take care of each other... work on those science questions (below) and memorize your multiplication tables!!

À bientôt!
Mlle Mitchell et le petit Wales

 Here are all the little friends you gave Wales at that sweet surprise baby shower! He looks and reaches for them as he's being changed!

PS - You are absolutely free to share these photos and the info with other Dewson friends!