Monday 3 September 2018

On this blog...

Just by way of introduction...

If you are checking this blog from a mobile device, you probably can't see that there are side bars on either side of my posts. Log in from a computer now and then in order to see these other features.

In the column to your left, you will see the To-Do List (friendly reminders of what's coming up or needs to be returned) followed by my "Wish List". I am always collecting things that I think could be useful at school. Most often, these things would otherwise be garbage, so it’s nice to be able to recycle them and use them in our learning. If at any point you are getting rid of any of the listed items, please send them to school with your child instead and I will store them and put them to good use! Merci!

In the column to the right, you will see several link lists organized by subject area. Please explore the online resources available to us at your leisure, and if you find any others, please send me the address so I can check it out! In particular, I have added many sites that allow you and your child to listen to French words and stories. If you ever have trouble navigating a page or finding the actual thing you're supposed to listen to, please just ask! I have also posted an overview of a few of the sites below. It might help you get started using them.

If you would like to receive an email notification each time I update the blog, simply enter your email address in the box at the top and you will receive a confirmation email. The emails seem to be a bit delayed - sometimes they come in the middle of the night after I write them, but this way you don't have to remember to check the blog so often.

Hope you enjoy!
Tamara