Tuesday 17 October 2017

Les Couleurs

Dear parents,
I apologize for the massive mistake on the park trip note. On the top portion, the date is October 26th (correct), but at the bottom (volunteer return portion) it says the 27th. Can you believe that 3 other people proof-read this note and none of us caught it?? Anyway, the 26th is correct. Please don't come on the 27th!

Thank you to those who have already volunteered. We have enough parents to go ahead with the trip, but we will welcome as many parents who wish to come on this outing. I did not mention in my last post, although it is in the letter, that we are asking $3 for this trip, to cover the cost of marshmallows and a gourd for each child. If you could get that to us by Friday, that would be great. Please ensure there is a name with the money!

We got our picture done this morning, everyone behaved sooooo nicely and I think it's going to turn out really well! First time in a few years that I haven't had someone upset about their outfit - good job!

This week we are working on learning our colours. We did a classroom search for items of every colour and made colour groups. Here is what we found!

Words of the Week
Let's forget the English colour names for this week!

jaune
rouge
bleu
violet
vert

In our centre time, I've seen some great designs (turtles and flowers out of connecting pieces), some beautiful art, I've tasted some delicious playdough pizzas, and I even was treated to a gourmet meal at our restaurant, complete with a menu and a bill!!

"This is a picture of everyone trying their best." - Nayeli