Friday 22 September 2017

First Pics & Third Words

Dear families,

I'd love to share a few pictures of what we look like in action!

At outdoor time, we enjoy riding around on scooters and bikes and jumping from stump to stump. We love to draw, look for bugs and other treasures, and talk with the teachers. Today, some of us played I Spy.

At discovery centre time, we are very interested in building things of all kinds, for example a marble run or fort out of the big blocks. Many of us love playing house with our little houses and characters.


We had an extra challenge today during centre time. I asked the kids to do something that would represent the oral story I told yesterday about the the boy who turns himself into a peanut (ask about it!). Some kids drew the story, some painted, one group even made the characters out of playdough and put them in story order!


I'd like to ask for your help with morning arrival. We would like to continue beginning our day outside to minimize transitions, however attendance has been a challenge. Please remind your student to come to our bench at the bell and please stay at our bench until I complete morning attendance. If we all do this, it will take only a few minutes. If you arrive late to school, it is crucial that your child come to me straight away so that I know who I am responsible for! Thanks for your help with this. I would hate to mark someone absent who was here and cause an automatic phone call that would cause great worry on your end.

Mots de la Semaine
We have been working every morning on figuring out the day of the week. We have a cute song that I think everyone knows pretty well now. Here are the 5 days of the school week (plus the weekend so you can finish the song!). Try asking your student what day it is each morning, using the song as needed to remember the order.
lundi
mardi
mercredi
jeudi
vendredi
samedi et dimanche

Have a great weekend!
Tamara