Wednesday 28 June 2017

Thank YOU!

Dear Salle 211 families,

We made it! Can't believe another school year has come and gone.

This week students have been bringing home all of their work and belongings, starting with shoes on Monday, work duotangs on Tuesday, their dictionaries and art on Wednesday and finally their portfolios Thursday. Please ensure that you've checked the lost and found, or sent your child to school with a mission to find anything they've lost. All remaining items will be donated after school Thursday. I do hope that you're able to take some time to look through all of the work that we kept at school this year, especially all of the special projects that we've added to our portfolios. We've taken the time, throughout the year, to reflect on why some of those projects are special to us, or what we learned from them. Look for an item from the beginning of the year and compare it to now... it's astounding!
In the portfolio boxes on Thursday, you will also find a couple extra gifts from me...
1. A new book hand-picked for your child to get you started on your summer reading,
2. a package of fun math to keep your child busy on long car trips, and
3. for grade ones, a copy of the book we just made in our last science period together.

I need to take a moment to thank all of you for your contributions to our success this year. I know that family life is busy, but somehow you found time in your busy schedules to check my blog and support your student at home through daily reading, extending on our discussions and helping with homework and projects - not to mention all the in-school volunteering. 

I should tell you that this has been the most successful reading year for me to date. Our students made a tremendous amount of progress in this area and, while they certainly worked hard, I know that much of the credit goes to you. That daily one-on-one practice is something that I wish I could do more of at school, but it's just not realistic (those of you who visited our class know how it is). Thank YOU for all that you do.

This year has seemed extra busy and challenging to me so I am ready for a nice rest. However, I will miss the kids very much (I kinda feel like their school mom) and look forward to catching up with all of them again in September.

Have an amazing summer and don't forget to keep reading!!

Tamara