Monday 18 January 2016

Skating!!

Happy Skating Day No. 1!

I was super impressed with the skaters today! They were much more capable than I was expecting. Many students had fun pushing chairs around, other students were quite confident on their own, others were veritable skating experts! For me, it was such a treat to skate on the pristine ice of an indoor arena. I usually only get to skate on the wavy pond ice out on the marsh in Bowmanville. It's so much nicer skating on a flat surface! Who knew?!

HUGE thanks to our grade 4 helpers and the many parents who came. I didn't tie up a single pair of skates, save my own, and every fall was quickly attended to! I hope we didn't scare anyone off with the walk home. Next time we will surely have better luck with streetcars!


Next Friday, January 29th is our next Skating Day!