Thursday 18 September 2014

New beginnings

Hi parents,

Today you have received a letter from the office outlining the changes that need to made to primary classes as part of our anticipated reorganization. As you were probably expecting (you could see our line up was much longer than other classes), this has affected our class quite a bit.

Although I am very sad to say goodbye to so many students that I care about, I know that this is the best thing for everyone, and that the kids will adjust quickly. Happily, the interim teacher for all of our moving students is Madame Corina, who we already know very well. Madame Corina has been in Area 24 for the past 2 weeks supporting our large class. I would like to thank her VERY much for jumping in and being a real second teacher for our students. Our moving students are very lucky to be making the transition with her. As the office letter says, she and I will continue to plan together and I will certainly do everything I can to help everyone settle in. This afternoon, the new class practiced lining up in their new spot and got to check out their new classroom. To my great relief, every single student seemed very happy with their new placement and was excited to be moving to the second floor. I think I have some jealous students who are disappointed to be stuck with me!

I look forward to checking in with my moving students often to see how they're doing in their new class, and I invite them to come visit me when I have yard duty or even come read a story to Area 24.
If you had signed up for blog emails, but are now moving to Area 32, there is definitely a way to turn off the emails, I assume there are instructions included in the email somewhere.

If you're stuck with me, stay tuned for regular updates as we get re-settled.

Thanks for your incredible support and understanding,
Sad Tamara