Thursday 28 March 2013

Joyeuses Pâques!

Well, I'm happy to announce that out of the 120 eggs that I hid, we managed to find all but 2! Not bad. Now if only I could remember all my hiding places...

The kids did a fantastic job of finding what they were allowed to find, and leaving the rest behind for others. I think they enjoyed the hunt!

This afternoon, we put our new counting skills to work. We counted 82 pennies, and we counted nickels (by 5) up to 200! Any French counting you can do at home is a bonus. It gets tricky up in the 70s 80s and 90s, but we have some tricks that should help us (e.g., looking back at the teens for the 70s and 90s). We have also been experimenting a little bit with different ways to make the same amount of money. For instance, 16¢ could be 16 pennies, 3 nickels and 1 penny, 2 nickels and 6 pennies etc. This is a fun game to play at home with your pocket change.

  Have a wonderful long weekend!
Tamara